Wednesday, November 17, 2010

First post.

I finally decided to join the world of blogging. Georgia is growing up so fast, and doing something new and exciting every day. Since there is no way I could possibly remember everything, I figured I might as well get it in writing. That, and with living 600 miles away from our family, this will be a good way for them to keep up with our growing girl! And maybe this way I won't feel the need to call or text my mom every time Georgia does something cute. Oh who  am I kidding, I still will. The only bad thing is that it took me (almost) 6 months to start. Ah, oh well.

A quick recap of the last few months is necessary, I'm sure. So this post is going to be ridiculously long. Bear with me while I brag on my girl.

She has always been such a perfect, content, happy little baby. All you have to do is look at her and she gives you a huge, gummy, grin that could light up a room. Actually, you don’t even have to look at her. More often than not, I catch her smiling at me out of the corner of my eye when I’m not looking at her. It melts my heart. It’s like her way of telling me she loves me. She’s so sweet. She will smile at anyone and every one. I’ve yet to meet a stranger that hasn’t commented on how cute she is.
The older she gets, the more I fall in love. I’d say that her personality really started to shine through around 4-5 months. She is so goofy. She loves to give you kisses. Her daddy’s been working on teaching her kisses since she was born, and she caught on fast. When you lean in to kiss her on the mouth, she opens wide, ready to kiss you back. She knows. At 5 months she started giving kisses on the cheek. One day out of nowhere she grabbed my face, leaned in, and planted a big wet kiss on my cheek. Then she looked at me with a huge smile. It was like she wanted to make sure that I knew she was giving me a kiss. And I did. After that, she started giving her daddy kisses on the cheek. He loves it, and I love that he loves it. It’s so rewarding to have your little 5 month old baby knowingly give you a kiss.

Daddy Kisses


Not only does she like to kiss us, she likes to kiss the dog. Chesney’s been on cage rest for 2 months due to her broken pelvis (hit by a car) and is just now able to hang out with us in the living room. Since Georgia is now a rock star at sitting by herself, I like to sit her by the dog. She’ll pet her, grab her fur by the fistful, and kiss her. Wide open mouth, just like she does to us. And of course, Chesney kisses her right back. I’m not sure if this whole dog kiss baby and vise versa thing is funny or gross. So far I think funny. Although I can’t say Chesney agrees. She seems to like the baby a lot, but sometimes I get the feeling that Chesney gets a tiny bit irritated with being poked in the eye. Just you wait Chesney, until Georgia is mobile. ;)

Now onto the present. Today, she finally broke her first tooth. Well, sort of. The tip of the tooth is popping out with the one next to it following quickly behind. I've been able to see the teeth underneath for awhile now and she's been a drool machine. Cuteness. I wasn't able to get a good tooth picture today, but here she is after her morning nap. She was fully swaddled and turned the other way. Tricky.


No comments:

Post a Comment